Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Extinguisher in hand

I finished installing the F.I. after removing the carb. With extinguisher in hand I turned the key. Fuel pump hummed Great! after about 15 -20 sec I smelled gas. not great! When I looked under the car I saw gas, ALOT of gas. Conventional wisdom would say that I had a bad hose, a loose or bad connection or a fuel rail issue. I have checked all of these. The hoses and top of the engine are dry. Under the car the gas is leaking from the push rod tube area. I have checked the hoses at the pump to be sure that they are not spraying fuel into the underside of the motor. What's next? has anyone ever had a problem like this?

Ron
Old 09-28-2003, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Cracked injector?
Old 09-28-2003, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I will check them again. Maybe one of them could not handle the pressure. I did not look at the injectors because I thought a cracked one would leave fuel on top of the engine as well.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Did you actually look under the car while the pump was running? That should tell you where the gas is coming from. Might be the pump body itself, even...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I did. The gas seemed to be coming from up in the engine somewhere. It was just a stream from the push rod tube on the #3 cyl but no gas on top of the motor and the pump and hoses connected to it were dry as a bone.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Maybe the cold start valve?
Old 09-28-2003, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: