Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
10 yrs already??

heating

i'm working on the heating part of my project of putting a liquid cooled engine in my 72 914 and am wondering what kind of ideas people have done for their heat. also, where is the heater fan? is it in the center of the cowl panel under the part that has the fresh air holes?

any help would be great.

-jim-
Old 12-20-1999, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If your liquid cooling the engine, use the heat from the liquid. Run it up to the front of the car in liquid form (to maintain heat better then air) and use a modern Jeep heater. That should work
Old 12-21-1999, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Renegade Hybrids sells a seperate kit for water cooled converted 914s. It mounts on the back firewall.
Old 12-21-1999, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

For what it's worth, I use a Red Dot heater on my boat. It's an aftermarket unit run off the engine coolant, comes with a built in fan, and works great. I believe they also make them for cars. They are only a hundred bucks or so.

Old 12-21-1999, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: