Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
10 yrs already??

headlight motor

i just installed the headlight motors on my 72 914, and there are these "tails" with a black circle that looks like a funky wire connector. the one side was halfway installed already, and had the end of the tail sticking through a hole so the rubber connector piece where the wires end was acting like a grommet in the hole. what are these wires for? am i supposed to have a plug or wire loom that attaches to that from somewhere else?

any help would be great.

-jim-
Old 12-20-1999, 09:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Hey Jim, Are you refering to the headlight relay? The relays are plugged in to a rubber grommet.(not a Wallice and grommet) Take one of the round plastic relays (about the size of a film container) off the relay board in the engine compartment and try to plug it in to the grommet. I think thats what your refering to.
Old 12-21-1999, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

ok, if that fits,
will the relay i steal from the back work there? are all the relays the same?

-jim-
Old 12-21-1999, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
I think all the black relays are the same. One of mine is red. Don't know if it's different. My car was in storage so long I can't believe I even remember I had two different color relays on the board.
Old 12-21-1999, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
All the round black relays are the same. They are used in some VWs. So if you have to buy one goto a VW shop. I bought some there for $3.00 ea.
Old 12-22-1999, 12:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

that worked!!! woo hoo!!! thank you thank you!!! my headlights now go up and down. *grin*
-jim-
Old 12-23-1999, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: