Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up Fixed the 'ol gas smell..............

Howdy
If anyone remembers, I messed with the wipers and had to pull the tank, blah blah blah, and ended up with a strong gas odor in the passenger compartment.
All I did was pull the tank, and REALLY clean everything up - I used carb cleaner to soak the hoses and all the sheetmetal, and then used allotta soapy water after that. I scrubbed everything real well, let it air out, and put 'er back together. Voila! Seemed that fuel had soaked into a short section of old fabric line that is still connected (I'm gonna change that out this winter BTW) and made an unreal stink, along with whatever residue was left on the sheetmetal.
Ahh, now it's all back to normal, and I can enjoy the old familiar "burning oil on the HE's" in comfort again without my eyes watering.

Ciao
Jeff
Old 10-08-2003, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Congrats! Thanks for the details on how you fixed That Smell.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: