Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Engine Companies

Recently I locked up my motor permanently. I put the #4 exhaust valve right into the piston. (oh what a joy at 2:30 AM. Having to call my dad for a ride home.) Figuring the engine is done and I dont want to rebuild a 1.7L Its too underpowered for my tastes. I was looking into getting a Mark Stephens six stud 2.4L motor, and was wondering if anybody here has any experience with this company or their motors? Or if there is another company you could recomend.
Any help would be cool! ---Agent914---
Old 12-28-1999, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Whats up Tom There was a thread about a month ago regarding the quality of his motors, from what I remember it was quite good. You might search the posts and find something useful. BTW Patrick says he has a friend with a built 2.4 for sale. It has 4,000 miles on it and is selling it if your interested. I know you had your heart set on that 6 stud motor but I'm sure you wallet will like this deal better. You know where to find me and for that matter Patrick. I like your e-mail you sent me. Here's so everyone can enjoy. You though your parent meant coal but it was code for something else.LOL
http://smartbotpro.net/yearend/

------------------
Quote:
THE NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

***AGENT 009, JAMES BONDO***

Old 12-28-1999, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

My 2.2L hydraulic engine was built by Mark Stephens, and I've not one complaint. It has run perfectly and never leaked from any seal they installed. Easy to talk to as well, and great guarantee on their head work.
--john
Old 12-28-1999, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: