Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

dashboard

I was just about to break down and order a new dash cap when I noticed that the cap only covers the existing dash up until it meets the vinyl.

I just went outside and checked my dash, and the edge of the vinyl is curling up where it would meet the back of the new dash cap.

What can I do to straighten that curl? Should I apply heat to soften and use trim adhesive to glue it down to the foam?

I installed my carpet kit (finally after 2 years sitting in the box) last night, so I have trim adhesive left over. It was a bigger job than I thought it would be... came out nice - a huge improvement over the metal floorpans.

Now, the interior really looks bare without a center console - I guess I might have to download the console specs and build one..

TIA,
robster.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My vinyl was loose on that windshield panel too. But I had the whole thing out and sprayed 3M adhesive on it to hold it down. It is rolled around the edge and glued underneath. Obviously you want to fix it on the car so you can't do what I did. All you can do is put some adhesive on it and try to push it back into place, put some weight on it to hold it down. If the vinyl is brittle then the only right way to do it is pull the windshield out and the dash piece out. Not a small project. Here was mine after I repaired it.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: