Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to macman
headlight switch

my headlight switch doesn't work correctly, the lights turn on at the seccond notch, but the motors actovate at the first position, i went to correct the problem, but as soon as i tried to take out the switch, i realized i can't get the damn knob off, it doesn't screw, or pull, it is just stuck, any ideas? i have a 75 1.8. Also, i am looking for a new windshield wiper switch, mine if broken, and i can't seem to find a replacement anywhere, they are all the two position type, and mine has three positions (intermittant, slow, and fast) does anyone have one they would like to sell? do you know where i can get one (other than automotion) i hate to talk about other distributers on pelican (sorry wayne!) but pelican parts (the best distrubuter by FAR) does not carry it for my car, or does it? well anyways, any help would be apprecieated!

------------------
Michael Scheid
(206) 232-9854
Old 01-04-2000, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
If the 75 headlight switch is the same as a 74, the knob unscrews. At first, the twisting just turns the potentiometer inside the switch, but then after you get to the end of travel of that it does unscrew the knob.

After that, you have to unscrew the "escutcheon" or the flat "nut" that holds the switch onto the dash. I have found that I can get a screwdriver into the little slot and push it around enough to get it finger-loose.

If what I have read is correct, the three-position wiper switch is the same part as the two-position switch. There is a plastic "guard" which keeps the activation lever from going to that third position. Break out the guard and there ya go!

I have *not* verified this for myself, though! I have just read it. Never had to pull the wiper switch yet.

--DD
Old 01-05-2000, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to macman
It worked Great, thanks dave.........Boy do i feel stupid though!
You are now 90% responsible for my headlights going up at the correct time, my image and my car thank you

------------------
Michael Scheid
(206) 232-9854
Old 01-05-2000, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: