Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to randoid
We had a great time.

The Saratoga meet was a wonderful success. Twenty one 914's, and one 911 participated today in our meet, tour, and lunch. The head count was right around forty, with Greg Ayers (spelling?) having travelled all the way from Santa Barbara and Kevin Lange having travelled from Sacramento. The rain stopped soley for our event and we were greeted by a tropical warm front which enticed some of us to take our targa tops off for the somewhat slippery drive up Highway 9 to Boulder Creek. Thank you Bob Wood for leading the pack! The drive was made without incident and all twenty-two cars made it up the grade. We made a surprise appearance at the Boulder Creek Brewery, but the staff quicky arranged seating for our motley crew. Future events are in the works! Thank you everyone who helped and participated today. Please keep an eye on RoadGlue.com throughout the next week for I will be adding pictures and commentary regarding our venture.

--
Randy Wentzel
randy@roadglue.com
707.545.5245 http://www.roadglue.com
Old 01-15-2000, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Thanks especially to Randy and all who attended this initial RoadGlue meet for making this such a memorable event. To think that the weather worked out so perfectly and that 21 cars and owners appeared in the middle of January, even in California, is astonishing. We all look forward with anticipation to future events.

A fine group a people, its great to see the interest in the car.
Old 01-15-2000, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
It was a great outing! My personal thanks to Randy for organizing it. What a pleasant experience to see the mix of 40-50 year-olds who can remember the car when it was "new" and the 20+ year-old crowd who are just now discovering the 914's virtues as a daily driver or project car.
Old 01-17-2000, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I would like to join roadglue! Sounds like it was a goodtime. I was hoping that the next event could be held here in Cleveland! It was 8 degrees here yesterday. YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY!!! I MISS MY CAR!!!

Seriously I want to be part of the new group. I would probably win the "furthest away member" award.

Joe
Old 01-18-2000, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Hey Joe, I heard Clevland ROCKS! (LOL) Maybe we could hookup and cruise west. It would be a great road trip. I'd want to do something like the Monterey historics or take in some great classic sports car racing event. I'm trying to talk my wife into doing a road trip, but she keeps reminding me we have kids. It's that nuturing woman thang. (Kidding):-)
Old 01-18-2000, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hmmmm... I wonder what type of turnout we would have if we planned a cross country drive? Wow. Hmm.

If we started on the west coast driving east we could meet up with other 914's and organizations along the way. We would need a U-Haul truck full of parts to follow us though! :-) We would have to have sponsors. Could this be feasible?

--
Randy Wentzel
randy@roadglue.com www.roadglue.com

Old 01-20-2000, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Maybe the 914 owners from the east could meet the 914 owners from the west at 09:14am on September 14th, in mid-America somewhere, in a coordinated event like the meeting of the railroads. Do you think there would be 914 of us to participate? :^) (another thread...)

A Southern California group is already planning a 914 Tour2000 event just in California, but its in June or July sometime, and one must be in their club to participate.

Is their enough interest to support an event like this?
Old 01-20-2000, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Let's start a new thread.
Old 01-20-2000, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: