Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

bus to 914 flywheel

O.K., I haven't asked a dumb question for a while, so here goes: Is there a difference between a flywheel off of a bus type 4 and a 2.0 914? I have heard of the missing timing mark, but don't know about the rest. Thanks.

Last edited by turbo2.0; 01-31-2008 at 12:07 PM..
Old 01-24-2000, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
Besides the timing marks the bus uses a larger friction disc. Some have used it on high HP T-4 motors so the clutch dosen't slip. However there are some needed modifications. First the bus has the pilot bearing in the crank not the flywheel, not a big hassle as far as I know. Next I believe the setback of the starter teeth is wrong, some type of machining is needed. Look at the Rennelist archives, someone did the conversion a few years ago.

Basically to answer the question, yes they can work on a 914, but it is NOT a bolt on.
Old 01-24-2000, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks. That's all I needed. There are a couple of 1.8 bus motors in the local pick-a-part, and I could get them for almost nothing. I think I'd be better off just ordering a flywheel from PP. I like saving money, but not if it costs too much.

Last edited by turbo2.0; 01-31-2008 at 12:07 PM..
Old 01-24-2000, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: