Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to ViolentBlue
body kits

check this out, I spotted it on ebay and though it looked cool, and "fixed" some of the 914's aesthetic shortcomings
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=241044383
Old 01-23-2000, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

that does look pretty neat... i think that i wouldn't be able to afford it AND go to school though.
Old 01-23-2000, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
I *personally* like the way our cars look without these aftermarket kits.. especially for 3k.. i can go on for days on what i'd rather do with that money..

just noticed something..
ViolentBlue, how do you become a moderator?

Jeff
Old 01-23-2000, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If you look closely at the picture, the sheet metal is not the only thing that has been modified on this car. I've previously looked into the BBR speedster kit and have seen this car in person. The winshield has been tilted back and it is believe it or not a convertable. I was told that to make it a convertable cast aprox. $2000-5000. This is getting real expensive. I found that 914 bodys by rayco (a fiberglass company out of St. Louis) Looks just as good without all the chopping. Just shave the front turn signals. I am currently re bodying my 914 with this kit. I can send pictures if you'd like. Josh
Old 01-24-2000, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

hey mufflerbearing, please post those pics, im interested

steve
Old 01-24-2000, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ViolentBlue
How did I become a moderator?
well it was simple, I pitched an idea for a new forum, the guys at PP liked the idea so the added the forum, and made me moderator.
Basicly its a forum for guy's that want to stuff a 914 engine into their Bug, or swap any porsche parts into their VW.
we're just finishing the job that Volkswagen should have
Old 01-24-2000, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: