Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bursch Exhaust

i am intrested in this exhaust that pelican parts sales. i just wanted to know if anyone has ever used this and if it is worth the money.
Old 01-25-2000, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
The Bursch is the best replacement muffler/extractor system available. If you want better performance, headers are the way to go, but you will lose your heating capabilty.
Old 01-25-2000, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
...and your hearing.
Old 01-25-2000, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
you'd be surprised JP.. i've got the hunter headers with supertrapp in my car.. and i swear the driver seat is the quietest place you can be with the car running.. something about the way the sound travels..

that said.. it's still far from quiet.. but living here in southern california.. i'd forego the heat for the headers anyday..

Jeff
Old 01-25-2000, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
From what I have heard and read, the Bursch is pretty much the best aftermarket muffler. Most people feel that it makes a bit more power than the stock muffler does, though a couple (hi, Brian!) disagree.

Nobody argues with the fact that they rust out a lot faster than the stock ones. Stockers seem to last quite a while. The Bursch often develops rust problems down the road a ways, while the more common "Monza" seems to rust very quickly.

If you want or need to keep your stock heat exchangers, but want more power and noise, the Bursch seems to be the way to go.

--DD
Old 01-25-2000, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Has anyone tried using a Y pipe (two ports into one) off the heat exchangers of a 2.0L to a supertrap or megaphones?

[This message has been edited by tmk (edited 01-26-2000).]
Old 01-26-2000, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

What year is your 914, if it's a 75/76 than
you might think about replacing your heat
exchangers to 73/74 stainless steel and ordering a Bursch for that year. I have a 76 2.0 and just put on a Bursch to replace the
Anza that was on it from 1978 (no rust) just
no packing left. I immediately had to replace the right exchanger due to an exhaust leak. The are HARD to find. It would have been a whole lot easier if it was not a 76.
I think it's a good inexpensive exhaust.
Old 01-27-2000, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I have a bursh 914 2L muffler for sale. Its the muffler to the collector only. Will take $100.00 for it and Ill cover shipping.... (in the US)
Old 02-03-2000, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: