Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

"The Ultimate Porsche 914 Experience"

Hello friends - For all of us "Fans" of AA - take a look a Ebay item number 242258287. It's pretty "Interesting".
Old 01-21-2000, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Holy crap! That's kinda sad...well it worked for Gary Coleman.
Old 01-21-2000, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
I mentioned it on the 914 rennlist site...so what the heck...

I will be the top bidder if Treadway lays down and I can use him for a traction pad....
8^)

------------------
Old 01-21-2000, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I live too far away from AA to actually consider buying parts from them and I haven't delt with them enough to have an opinion of their performance.

But like I said to the Rennlisters,

If I wanted to have my picture taken with this guy next to my favorite Porsche he would have to come to my place and my garage!

Victoria, BC, Canada.

If you don't know where that is, 100 miles north of Seattle WA, then out on an island. Our regions website tells it all. http://www.pca.org/vis/index.html

Also, from looking at the pics on some of the 914 owners websites, the Doc
and I would make a couple of stops across the country on our way to
dinner.

In the 916 that is!

Conrad Peden
72 L20E
73 L20E http://members.rennlist.com/a914lover

------------------
CWP/VIR
72 914 L20E 1.9L
73 914 L20E 2.0L

Last edited by Conrad W Peden; 09-10-2003 at 04:27 PM..
Old 01-21-2000, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Just when you thought they couldn't be more lame!!!
Old 01-22-2000, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I got a question! How the hell are you supposed to fit the good doctor, yourself and a guest in the 916? This seems retarded if you ask me. Now a picture with me a cluadia Schiffer in a hermatically sealed box would be something.

------------------
Quote:
THE NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

***AGENT 009, JAMES BONDO***

Old 01-22-2000, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I got a question! How the hell are you supposed to fit the good doctor, yourself and a guest in the 916? This seems retarded if you ask me. Now a picture with me and cluadia Schiffer in a hermatically sealed box would be something.

------------------
Quote:
THE NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

***AGENT 009, JAMES BONDO***

Old 01-22-2000, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What a way to ruin a good drive and dinner...
Old 01-25-2000, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Having had the "pleasure" of entering that pile of ***** that they call "world headquarters" I would be VERY dissapointed to have to pay for the experience.

Also the Vinings Inn is a relative dump, kinda like a good Holiday Inn

All I can say about the AA staff is that they are either Northern refugees (Atlanta is only 10-20% old blood) or Carpet Bagger stock. I cannot believe that they stay in buisness. They have no honor.

Ian

BTW I only source parts (no longer) through them when I need the part last week, they have it in stock and can beat PP (read not often).

Last time I was looking for a rocker adjuster on a Saturday and metioned that I'd just rebuilt the engine for the second time in 6 months. First question was "where did you get your parts?" Answer was ",Pelican they are cheaper and I support their online commitment to the car." Second question was "click", they hung the F#$K UP!

Man I wish they'd take Atlanta out of their name. . .
Old 01-25-2000, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Im sorry, but when did dinner and a hotel cost $520? Wow "Dr 914" is getting paid some serious cash for 1 night of him doing, oh nothing. Ya know, Tom or Wayne sould bid on it, and then give him hell all night long That would be funny.

BTW: Anyone ever visit their web site? You might want to just for fun. They have links that appear in one place and disappear in another. I have never even talked to anyone over there, but I can tell they don't even resemble the level of professionalism that PP does. Thanks guys for being here.

[This message has been edited by Germain (edited 01-25-2000).]
Old 01-25-2000, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
$100 (for the insurance premium) and a twelve pack of beer, you can come over borrow my 914/6, 3.0 (250hp) .... go to the Harbor Restaurant on the newly rebuilt Santa Barbara Pier...the advantages are...mine runs better, looks better, has less rust, a better stereo and handles better.

Plus you DON'T have to meet the AA staff...8^)Oh yeah we don't have hurricanes in California....

[This message has been edited by mikez (edited 02-05-2000).]
Old 01-25-2000, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Wow, ok, I usually let AA threads slide by without a comment, but this Ebay thing is a super-exercise in ego trips. I have to show this to Tom - he won't believe it!

I can see Tom and I doing something like this in the future, but with one notable exception - the proceeds would be donated to charity!

This is indeed, truly funny!

-Wayne
Old 02-05-2000, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to paulhagedorn
If someone actually bids on it, someone post!!! This is, in my opinion, AA's desperate attempt to keep their business open. I have dealt with them and prefer to keep my mouth shut for fear of the horrible things that would come out about them.

Just a thought, what would happen with the parts if AA went out of business. I am guessing that "Dr. 914" would keep the cars...or try to sell them...hopefully someone could actually get them for cheaper...it would be kind of neat to take the 916 for a test drive WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT!

Paul
Old 02-05-2000, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: