Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

foot room with console

i don't want to sound like a whiner but i finally installed a console i have and on the test drive (any repair is worth a test drive, no?) i kept dragging my foot on the brake pedal pad. wanting to know if i installed the console correctly, do you also have little foot room? my sneaker (size 9) is the width between the pedal and the console. could be a safety issue if it prevents or hinders transfer of foot from accelerator and brake, or could wear a hole in the console.

Old 02-22-2000, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Check out this tech article
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/914_center_console/914_center_console.htm

if your console face is not flush with the dash but set back it will get in the way of your feet. Also the same goes if ti is to far left.

Is your console stock or aftermarket? It should be flat on the pasenger side and curve in on the driver side to help with foot clearance.
Old 02-22-2000, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Well, I have the same size foot as you, and I dont have any problems at all... Except my feet feel like lead in these cars

Old 02-22-2000, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
I had the same problem in my 75 with A/C. I ended up leaving the driver side panel off, haven't messed with it since. iustasail is probably right, we just had it mounted too far forward.
Old 02-22-2000, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The very front of the console should be touching the middle rib that runs across the width of the car. I hope this helps.

Josh
Old 02-22-2000, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

I have the A/C style console, and size 12 shoes. I never noticed any problem as far as foot room. It's probably the location of your console. BTW, I don't have a/c, just the console. If someone wanted to trade a standard one for mine,.......

Old 02-22-2000, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: