Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
canna change law physics

Garage
Los Panchos! The info

For everyone who wants to know!

That phone number is from the USA

011-52-(664)-685-8859

And

011-52-(664)-685-2094

Address is the far right corner of Calle 3A (3rd Street) and Ocampo Avenue.

From the boarder, follow the signs for Avenue Revolution. You want the "inside" of the curve. This turns into Calle 3A. Ocampo is the 1st cross street.

Tell them James and Margarita (The guy with the Porsche 911 and the Jeep Cherokee) sent you.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
grind weld build

Garage
YOU SHOULD GET A COMMISION
73 Orange, CS #601
73 Rayco V8 glug, glug
69 911 w/82 turbo look on 275 35 18s (for sale)
Trek 6500+
Sean M!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I need seats, door panels, and back pad in TAN...Can they do this? Ballpark Price?

Anyone what to be a middle man for us East Coasters

914-6 in the Werks
Old 04-22-2004, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Prolly $200 or so. I could be your aide. Hit me up. i will be taking my heap to them soon (I ****** hope so).
-74 BMW R90
Old 04-22-2004, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Va914
I need seats, door panels, and back pad in TAN...Can they do this? Ballpark Price?

Anyone what to be a middle man for us East Coasters
Here's the scoop on the price. They are recovering my 911 seats in leather for $750 with Cloth inserts for the seat and the back. I could have had them done with Cloth inserts and a high grade fake leather (Vinyl) for $300. For the lower Grade Vinyl (Standard car grade, like our seats) would have been around $250.

They are doing a wet sand on the car for $90 to really bring the finish out to a mirror.

I'll let you know how much it is to have the entire 914 done in leather...cause that is what I'm having done next week....The Blond is going down for a complete strip and re-work.

James
Old 07-10-2004, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

James Can you post some pics when youir leather panels for your 914-6 are done. Also I would be interested in paying someeone to take some panels in for me. I am also interested in getting a price for "red" leather.
Thanks
CCL
Old 07-10-2004, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

canna change law physics

Garage
I'll see if I can get a list of costs for the parts. I do know that businesses in TJ can do mail order work. Los Panchos is, uh, low tech.

_THIS_ is thier internet ad. And it seems to have been effective. I dropped the 911 off this morning to have the paint wet sanded and the seats re-done, and they said there have been quite a few referrals from me.

I'm hoping this pays off tomorrow.

BTW - They had a Boxster in the shop! Looks like an Autocross front end fatality.

Hey HERB!!!! If you're reading this...who has a Black Boxster take a hit in the nose recently at the Autocross?
Old 07-10-2004, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I would be willing to broker deals for ya'll as long as I'm down here. Just let me know
-74 BMW R90
Old 07-10-2004, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I was sent here by a fellow British car owner. I looked into taking my MG to Los Panchos for paint and interior, but I was told by both the US and Mexican cosulates that if my car is on a trailer, it will be confiscated as soon as I cross the border. No one will rent a trailer to me because they say they are confiscated at the border. How do you get a car that is trailered across the border? Where can I rent a trailer to do this? I am in the military at Fort Irwin(near Barstow, CA) and am on orders to go to Washington State so I only have until the middle of October to get this done. I wil probably be sent to Iraq for my second OIF tour as soon as I get up there, so I really want to get the car finished prior to leaving so my wife won't have to deal with it. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Randall Donovan
Old 09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I just took my 914 down this way and no problems. I brought it back, no problem. I took Mike95125's 914 down this way, without an engine, no problem. He picked it up, no problem.

You won't be able to rent one to take down, but ask around, you might be able to find someone who can loan one to you.

James
Old 09-17-2004, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
grind weld build

Garage
John R trailers his car down for teh races
73 Orange, CS #601
73 Rayco V8 glug, glug
69 911 w/82 turbo look on 275 35 18s (for sale)
Trek 6500+
Sean M!
Old 09-17-2004, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I guess here is as good a place to start asking as any. Does anybody have a trailer in the San Diego area that they will be willing to lend/rent to me for a couple of hours? I could rent a trailer and then just move the car to the new one in San Diego, cross over, drop the car off and return the trailer the same day. Would have to do the same in reverse for the trip back. My car runs and my truck has a winch, so the transfer from trailer to trailer shouldn't be a problem. I keep bugging the wife to let me buy a trailer, but I'm lucky she just lets me keep the MG so I don't push the issue.

Thanks,
Randall Donovan
Old 09-17-2004, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Member w/ Title Problems

Is there a problem taking a car down there with an engine? Just curious. How's their security? Would rather drive it down, catch a ride with a buddy to pick it u0p, and then haul @$$ back up here lookin' all pretty.

Also, do they speak english? And do they do body mods (chopping)?

1989 Chevy Silverado 3500 - 454TBI, 4x4, 8 gallons/mile
Old 09-17-2004, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Acox914
theyre doing my interior at the moment...ask mike
Old 09-17-2004, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

You can drive one down as far as I know. There is a problem with using a rented trailer. I have my car all apart, so I need a trailer, but can't rent one. They speak English as well as I do.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason at Pelican Parts
Is there a problem taking a car down there with an engine? Just curious. How's their security? Would rather drive it down, catch a ride with a buddy to pick it u0p, and then haul @$$ back up here lookin' all pretty.

Also, do they speak english? And do they do body mods (chopping)?
#1 - no
#2 - I left, at various times, a 911SC, a 2001 Jeep Cherokee and my 914/6 down there for a grand total of 4 weeks combined. no problems.
#3 - Yes they speak English, quite well
#4 - This shop will do stuff, but you better know exactly what you want (ask Mike95125). You may want to check around for other shops as well for mods.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

You will have to do a lot of visiting down at the shop to get what you want done the way you want it. I had to go down three days in a row to make sure my flares were done correctly. I also had to explain how to do them which kinda annoyed me. I am teaching their guys a lot of fix it and modification tips...Its a lot of work, but worth it.
-74 BMW R90
Old 09-17-2004, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
How much Coke will get stuffed in your car to be smuggled by you that dumb Gringo across the border. This was very common when I was a Kid they would stuff Pot in the seats of the TJ Tuck and Roll then Steal the car when you got it back home.
That is of course if you are not sitting in Super Max in SD waiting to go on trial for smuggling. Not worth the little money you think you will be saving.Save $500 spend $50000 on lawyers to get defended in Court plus Bail $1 Million for Trafficing.

Last edited by SteveStromberg; 09-17-2004 at 10:23 PM..
Old 09-17-2004, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I'm glad that sort of paranoia isn't rampant. Perhaps I KNOW the people that I deal with. There are non-criminal types down there as well.
Sheesh,
Mike
-74 BMW R90
Old 09-17-2004, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
http://www.google.com/search?q=Drug+smuggling+cars+San+Diego&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&start=20&sa=N

Well that may be true but the odds are that for the kind of money there is to be made that someone will try. It is just plain dumb to think other wise. after all there is no risk to the mexican the dumb Gringo takes all the risk.

Old 09-17-2004, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: