Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Rebuilt Fuel Pump

I found the source of my starting problem that I've been having (after the car has been warmed up): The fuel pump check valve. Pressure in the fuel ring falls to 0 within a minute after you kill the engine but holds steady at 24 if you clamp the pressure hose coming out of the pump (after you turn the car off).
The good news is that I just put in this fuel pump a couple months ago, and being that it is a rebuilt unit, it is still under warranty. Apparently, the rebuild process is less than optimal because the first rebuilt unit I received didn't generate nearly the pressure needed to run the car, so my question is this: Has anyone ever bought a rebuilt fuel pump that has worked correctly and lasted as long as it should? I'm trying to avoid sending this in for the warranty only to end up with another non-functioning pump, or worse yet, one that craps out a day after the 1 year warranty. Steve
Old 05-02-2004, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Steve, can you tastefully identify the source of your rebuilt pumps?
L. McC
Old 05-03-2004, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

ParkWerks of Chicago. I don't recommend ordering from them...cheap prices, but at least in my dealing, their lack of customer service it obviously how they do it. At this point, I'm over the bitterness and just want a fuel pump I can count on without having to eat the money I spent on the rebuilt unit.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I had the similar problems with a rebuilt pump from Performance Products. I wasted a weekend troubleshooting it and ended up returning it and purchasing a new one from PP. I should have bought from PP in the first place.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: