Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

911 strut questions...

I've been slowly piecing together the components for a 911 suspension for my 914 and I have a few questions about some ebay acquisitions that I may have made in error.

First off I have a pair of Bilstein which the seller promoted as for a 911 '73 - '85 with BOGE struts. Upon receiving them I find the part number on the shock to be P36-114 which Pelican states are HD for a Turbo. Will the valving be too off for my otherwise stock car?

I have a set of early 3" spacing struts that are black and stamped BOGE. At the tip of the tube are the threads for the shock collar and they are on the inside of the tube. The Turbo Bilsteins I got off ebay came with collars that would thread onto a strut with threads on the outside.

So where's the disconnect? Keep the struts or keep the shocks? I'm leaning towards the struts because even though they are only 3" I have a set of freshly rebuilt calipers. If so, which Bilsteins would match this strut.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OCD project capitan

Garage
So, you have 911 bilstein HD inserts, and 911 Boge 3" bolt spacing struts? The bilstein HD inserts you have (which work with the external threaded strut) are for '85 1/2 on struts, i.e. 911 Carrera.

I have a set of bilstein HD inserts which will fit your Boge 911 struts for $200. They work with the internal threaded strut. The HDs worked great on my 914, now i'm going hardcore for the RSR's.

Let me know if your interested or need anyother info. Thanks, Don.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:23 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OCD project capitan

Garage
You have PM
Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: