Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

fresh air fan

The fresh air fan in our '74 914 will not start. There is power at the control switch, all three white/white+color wires have 12 volts and the contacts with the ground connection on the lever are good. I traced the diagram and it seems that the power means the relay is okay? Is ther anything else to check BEFORE I have to remove the gas tank to get at the fan assembly?
Old 05-28-1998, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I had a similar problem with mine. It turned out the frame which held the brushes on the motor had broken. The only recourse was to replace the motor. You can check power at the plug to the fresh air blower without pulling it out. It would at least confirm power to the unit.

While the tank is out, I suggest lubricating the windshield wiper rack and replacing the stub hoses at the gas tank with long ones to allow you to remove the tank in the future without removing the bottom plate.

Good luck and have a few band-aids ready!
Old 05-28-1998, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I hope no one thinks I'm nuts, but the fan started working today and has all the speeds??? It may be the brushes causing this unusual condition. I plan to pull the gas tank in the near future and will get one of your used fans if ours is messed up.
Thanks for the replys.
Old 06-02-1998, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: