Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Early 71 seat adjustment

Does anyone know where the drivers seat adjustment is? I've looked everywhere & scanned my haynes but it doesn't tell me anything, also the only thing I have found is the height adjustment lever.
Old 06-02-1998, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you can't find it, the handle has probably snapped off. It's just under your left leg - there should be a little handle that sticks up (coming from the left seat rail). I've seen these broken quite a bit - not too big of a deal though .. either get an old beat up seat and replace it, or just feel around with your finger - there should be a spring-loaded strip between the seat rail and the track .. push it up (as you would normally pull up on the adjustment lever were it still there) and slide the seat - if it hasn't been moved in a while, it could take some doing (make sure you're sitting in the seat and throwing your weight into it). Also wouldn't be a bad idea to grease the rails.

-Paul
Old 06-03-1998, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Hi there. We sell replacement rails for your broken handle. Note that this is not just the handle piece that other catalogs sell, but the entire rail. The handle must be riveted onto the rail with the other guys' part - ours is a bolt in solution.

The handle/rail combo is $32.50, and can be found in our new on-line catalog:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/catalog.htm

Many thanks,

Wayne
Old 06-04-1998, 01:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: