Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1.7 FI ??

Hey Guys,
Where in my 70 1.7 is the air plenum located if it does have one? & which wire hooks into it? Also where & what does the deceleration valve look like?

Old 06-05-1998, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The "air plenum" is the box type thing in the middle of the engine that the throttle body and intake runners connect to. If you look into the engine compartment, its right in the middle - it has the four "pipe-like" intake runners going from the injectors/intakes to the plenum.

The decel valve is a little roundish silver thing (I know, real descript) located just above the pressure sensor on the batt side of the engine compartment. The pressure sensor (MPS) is the larger of the two components that are on the outer edge of the #3/#4 cyl side of the engine (actually connected to car, not engine) - the decel valve is the smaller of the two. Also, the decel valve has three vacuum lines (1 real small, and two reg size) and the MPS has only one (MPS also has wiring connection, decel does not).

Actually, just go look at Dave Darling's hose layout http://www.estinc.com/porsche/ddhose.html - the MPS and decel valve are in thesame place on a 1.7 (DD's is a 2.0).

And Wayne's got a picture of a MPS in the online catalog http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images/fuel_injection/914_pressure_sensor.JPG

-Paul
Old 06-05-1998, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
If I remember correctly, the 70s (and some 71s?) didn't have a Decel Valve fitted originally. I think the Decel Valve was added at the same time that the ECU ("brain") acquired the idle mixture knob, and lost the "fuel cutoff on overrun" function.

So your 70 may very well not have one. Nor especially need one--I hear they were mostly added to cut down on emissions.

--DD
Old 06-10-1998, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks Dave,
This has been most of my frustration in reading hose & other diagrams, is that early 914s didn't have alot of the parts that later 914s came equipped with.
Old 06-10-1998, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: