Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Some pics of my 72 in progress

Hi. During part of the summer I did some work to my car. I bought it as a roller a couple of years ago. It had battery tray damage, right side engine shelf damage; minimal rust behind the passenger seats at the corner of the firewall. The trunks were stripped, sanded, and coated with bed liner coating. The body was stripped chemically, and primered for now.

Money issues have haulted my progress, but I hope to be able to do some work on it in the next few months. It needs new brakes, shocks, weather stripping (all of it). I've been toying with the idea of an LS1, but it would be cheaper to get it running with T4 parts that I already have. I have a 2 liter block, 78 mm crank, rabbit rods, and some 1.8 liter heads. I'd need to get 96mm pistons, 44's, and an exhaust.

I figured that I can share my project with you guys. I'm sure some of you have been down the same road.

Happy Holidays.

Eddie.

Old 11-28-2004, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey Eddie! That roller you gave me is becoming very useful. Just about ready to put my motor back together. Like I said, let me know if you need any help on your car.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Headrage. I'm glad the 75 came in handy for you. I appreciate the offer for help. I hope you got the issue with the heads resolved.

Take care,

Eddie.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Got the heads rebuilt by Rimco. The only concern I have now is that I didn't have them replace the valve springs.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: