Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

fuel pressure regulator cut

I have a '74 914 1.8L and i noticed that the line leading directly from the fuel tank to the fuel pressure regulator is cut. It is not the line that connects to the fuel pump (that one is intact). I was wondering if this is a source for any problems. A few problems i'm having are: excessive fuel consumption, poor start-up (requires about 3 minutes of warming up), and rough acceleration (at lower gears).

If it is a problem, then where do the lines run so that i can connect it?

I figured that i need a new pressure regulator, throttle switch, and cylinder head temp. sensor; but i just wanted to make sure.

-ryan
Old 12-13-2004, 10:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The line going from the FPR to the tank (through the center tunnel) should T in (or Y in) to the line going to the "R" port on the fuel pump.

If there is no way for the fuel to get back to the tank, it will either dump on the ground (if the return line is open to the air), or the fuel pressure will go through the roof (if the line is blocked off).

Is it possible that the fuel line is connected, but the vacuum line is the one that is cut? The 1.8 FPR should have a fuel inlet, a fuel outlet, and a vacuum connection. That should get hooked to manifold vacuum, to reference the fuel pressure to manifold pressure. With the vacuum line disconnected, I think you will wind up with a very rich mixture except at WOT.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-14-2004, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: