Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to hamfisted
Daily driver wanted

I am looking for a daily driver, not a pristine garage queen.
I have a line on a 1970 model w/1.7 and injection, comes with 916 flairs (ebay items) and a side-shifter tranny w/linkage for $3500 obo

Also have a line on a 1975 2.0, black w/black int. has 15inch fusch wheels w/new tires looks good needs some work but a strong runner paint is ok.Body is in ok condition has small door dings
also for $3500 obo

Im looking in the Seattle area but dont mind finding one further out.
Anyone in the Seattle area available to look at one or both with me?
Advice?
Concerns?
Things to look for?
When to walk away?
When to run away?
Thanx
Jim
425-246-4901
Call/IM/email if you have a car for sale and/or info please
Old 12-29-2004, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

If you haven't already done so, read the 914 FAQs before shopping for a 914. Pelican may have some 914s listed in their classifieds.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

take the least rusty one...
make sure you pull the rocker covers off before committing...
check the hell-hole with your hand.. (below the batter)
if they are both rusty keep looking
brant
4 gallons of gas
and 1826 lbs (wet)
Old 12-29-2004, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Check out Auto Atlanta's web site. They have a book called How To Buy A 914. It is an excellent book and well worth the $20.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

I'm in Federal Way and could make myself available to look at a 'teener with you. I sold mine this August before I moved out here, but I still know a good deal about these little cars.

Personally, I would not want a 914 as a daily driver in Seattle. The roofs leak, the wipers are marginal at best, and the idiots on the freeways out here can barely drive.

You're lucky though, should find many 914's with little rust out here. Nothing seems to rust in Seattle. Was much, much, much worse back in Ohio.

If you're interested in having me help you take a look at the cars, give me a shout. My E-mail is zv@zenmervolt.com

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 12-29-2004, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Email Craig Laughlin at Camp 914 in Portland and ask what he has in inventory. Several 914's for sale. craig.laughlin@comcast.net
Old 12-30-2004, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
check pelican's classified. I'm selling for $1500

My car may be a good candidate. It still needs some work, but the motor and brakes are fresh. The rockers have been repaired and the doors are true. Drop me a line if you are interested.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

If I were you, I would immediately send a PM to Bleyseng (Geoff) and ask him to look at potential cars with you in the Seattle area, probably on a Saturday as he works weekdays. I also recommend that you make arrangements to have the car put up on a hoist so the underside of the car can be viewed (this is often a $20 "under the table" deal with a mechanic) - that way Geoff can give the car a very thorough inspection. Or you could ask him to take an initial look at the car by himself, at his convenience, and go from there..

Roger
Old 01-05-2005, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: