Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question about Nardi Steering Wheels

This is not exactly a 914 question, but you guys seem to know everything.

I was at my local wrecking yard last weekend and I stumbled on a beautiful (near mint condition) wooden Nardy steering wheel. I paid $13 bucks and thought I had struck gold.

I looked on E-bay to see how much these things are going for and I found that the prices vary considerably. There are some going for $400+ and others selling for $250 and I found one that sold for $761 and it was a total piece of junk with scotch tape holding it together.

So, here's my question: How can I tell if this is an original or a repro? The one on E-Bay that sold for $761 had a stamp on the back indicating it was made in 1969 and made in Italy. Both of these marks were in a square stamped on the back.

My steering wheel is a Nardi "Classico". It's got the Nardi signature on the front but on the back it's got "made in Italy on one side and 4-79 on the other side.

Please.....tell me this is worth a fortune! The wheel is a 9.5 on a scale of 1-10. It's absolutely beautiful. I'm not going to sell it. I'm either going to install it in my 914 (if it looks good) or I'm gonna mount it to the garage wall.

Any input would be great............................Vern
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 12-29-2004, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey, don't complain. It's worth more than the $13 bucks you plunked down on it. Just get the mounting hub, throw it on and drive. 04/79 markings is the production date. You can get more info here:

http://www.nardiwheels.com/

If all you're gonna do is throw it on a wall, hell I'll give you $40 bucks right now and I'll machine out a mounting hub and put it on mine!

John

johnechi@hotmail.com
Old 12-30-2004, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Re: Question about Nardi Steering Wheels

Install it in your teener and enjot it. Who knows if you discovered a goldmine.

Please.....tell me this is worth a fortune!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have got a "Personal" steering wheel on my 914 dated 6/71,Is it a
nardi wheel? It looks just like one.Also i got the real wood dash inserts.I think all this was dealer installed.
Happy New Year,914
Old 12-31-2004, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: