Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

F/G front bumpers without foglights??

I want a front fiberglass 914 bumper that doesn't have the big square cut-outs for foglights and grills. I've seen them on race cars before and would like to think that these were not DIY pieces because I know that you could probably "glass" in those areas, I just don't want to if I don't have to. Does anyone know a source or have an idea? TIA!

Doug C
Old 01-03-2005, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There are none that we know of- we filled in our front bumpers after they came out of the mold. just not that popular an item that warrants investment in a separate mold.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

OK - does someone sell sheet fiberglass in the appropriate thickness? You wouldn't have a pic of the backside of that patched area would you?

Doug C
Old 01-04-2005, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The easiest way to do it is to tape a piece of styrene or ABS to the front and lay up the glass on the back. Then rough up the front, a little plastic filler for contour, block and prime. Thats it you are done. It will probalbly take less time than a few phone calls to look for one. If you have never used fiberglass before (you do not buy pre made glass sheets) just go to the library or bookstore and there are plenty of books on bodywork. Its not too hard. I had to cut up, fit and recontour the bumpers on my car.
Mark
72 914 5.0L
http://community.webshots.com/user/marksurel
Old 01-04-2005, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: