Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Never left, but not right

I'm thinking of something weird (this is about Donuts and Coffee)

Well, I noticed that no one has carried the banner to keep the "Donuts and Coffee in Long Beach" thing going.

So, what do you think of this? Same thing as the past, meet at a place where we can eat-- arrive early and hang out until all that are going to come get a chance to get there-- but wait-- INVITE BOXSTERS?? Or how about some local 911 guys?

Folks, that's the only mid engine I have, but many have compared the two. 914 > 986. How 'bout it? Side by side. Or, we did have 2-3 911's before.

It's up to you. I'll set the date, put it up at the 914 Club and pick the place. But, I gotta hear that people want to do this.

Prospective dates: Jan 15, 16, 21 or 22. (Sats and Sundays)
New location: Rivers End Cafe in Seal Beach. (Lots of parking in a city owned metered lot-validation at the restaurant)

Comments?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
Go for it Zeke, in Seattle our git togethers are open to all P car owners.

Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 01-04-2005, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
.How about at Derilect Donuts in HB?

That way there are a bunch of cars to check. Kinda like a twoffer.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Well, Steve, with as much interest as I've seen in this today, that might be it. We could all go somewhere afterwards; hafta be outa there by 8:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
We could me at derilects then caravan to Crystal Cove for that show.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

117 views and it's you, me and Goeff way up in WA. I've already lost interest.

I'll PM you, Steve, and we'll go it alone. And, in that case, I might drive my '44 WWII Jeep with the SBC in it. I've had it there once before and it was a hit.

Here it is in Belmont Shore.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Zeke, you give up too easy. I am interested and I am sure I could get a bunch of the guys from the 914 Club to show also. Count me in for sure and I know some others that will come too. The closer to the end of January would be better so we can get some advance notice.

And yes, your Boxster would be welcome at any 914 event I would attend.

75 Slantnose V8
03 S-10 Extended cab stepside in Yellow
72 914 Parts car
Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Zeke, I got a few people interested from the club and I just posted it a little while ago. Lets see where it goes over night and tomorrow. I will email you with what it comes to and we can go from there. I would like to use this event to break in the Chalon for its maiden voyage. If I can get someone to come help me figure out the linkage problem.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 01-06-2005, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Nothing whatsoever against the 914club, but I'm thinking Pelican. All the 914 guys have apparently gone over there.

Lemme ask this, anyone over there ever mention a gathering like we did here in LB twice before? The first one, we had Charles Navarro stop in with a nice Boxster S and his friend "nickie." (As in nikasil.)

That was really an outstanding event given the variety of cars that showed. From a '34 Ford roadster to 2 local 911s and some great 914s.

The other one at the LB marina had probably more 914s, but wasn't as good, or was it? The food was better.

Maybe the novelty has worn off.

Last edited by Zeke; 01-07-2005 at 04:41 PM..
Old 01-07-2005, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Zeke, Scott,

I'd love to go. If someone could post an address that would help.

Dave
- 71 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1
- 17 Shelby GT350
Old 01-07-2005, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Its going to happen, Zeke, if you want to lead it like you have in the past, I will be glad to help you with it. I got about a dozen people from the 914 club that want to go and I am sure there will be people from here that want to go so I think we could get about 20 or 25 cars, that would be more than we had at the last ones. Dont give up on us. We all have busy lives and just need to take some time to enjoy our cars. This is one of those times. Lets do it.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 01-07-2005, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by skline
Its going to happen, Zeke, if you want to lead it like you have in the past, I will be glad to help you with it. I got about a dozen people from the 914 club that want to go and I am sure there will be people from here that want to go so I think we could get about 20 or 25 cars, that would be more than we had at the last ones. Dont give up on us. We all have busy lives and just need to take some time to enjoy our cars. This is one of those times. Lets do it.
OK, here's the deal. I said 1/ 15, 16, 22 or 23.

On the 29th/30th I'm at willow Springs and the following weekend is the Lit show and the "new" Dunkels in LB. We could possibly do it 2/5 because anyone going to the Lit show could go from there. Let's hear about it.

I'm not posting this on 914Club because I ususally don't cross post. If enough people don't care to come over here and chat, then it won't work out.

You mention time. I spend a lot of time on the BBS as it is, so I have eliinated a couple of boards I used to visit, because once you log on, you're gonna be there awhile. I like to streamline it to Pelican and the Early S Registry because of my 911.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Either day is cool with me.
- 71 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1
- 17 Shelby GT350
Old 01-08-2005, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
I could do the LIT show as I was planning on going anyway. Sounds good Zeke, lets put something together.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 01-09-2005, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Ok, 2/5 it is. 7:00AM at the River's End Cafe in Seal Beach. Details to follow in a new thread. Hope it's not raining. Auuuuggghhh!!

BTW, the Lit show opens at 9:00AM and is open @ 7:30 for the early birds if you pay more. It closes at 2:00PM. So, make sure this is a good idea before we commit.

I've never been to the Lit show, so if someone is going, I might tag along.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I'm sorry, I typed without thinking, I didnt mean the literature show, I meant the new Dunkles all Euro swap meet at LB Veterans Stadium. I was planning to go to that. Can we set that up? I think it would interest more people seeing other European cars. I am sure there will lots of P cars there.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 01-09-2005, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Banned

Breakfast by the bay photos. I remember what a sunny day looks like.

Last edited by SteveStromberg; 01-09-2005 at 12:51 PM..
Old 01-09-2005, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Banned

Old 01-09-2005, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Dammit all. I just typed in a reply and it disappered due to my stupid move.

I will be at the Early 911S Registry and R Gruppe gathering Sunday morn 2/6 at 5:30AM. Can't do both the same day..

You say I give up too easily? Let's just move this into March. More time for people to figure out what to do.

Or, back to 2/15,16,22,23.

Dave, you don't need an address until somebody figures out what to do.

I'm a loyal Pelican guy. Last time I did this I got some crap from Brad Roberts about not posting on the 914Club. I told you my feelings about cross posting and time. Here is the posting and here it stays, AFIC.

I really am losing interest in this.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Acox914
i dont understand why you dont cross post it tho...even if it were just a link to this post. youd get a lot more interest,

but..what do i know
Old 01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: