Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to bd1308
Window Regulator Adjustment

Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday and New Year! I have a problem. First off, I have a daily-driver 1974 914-4 and the problem is that whenever it rains (since like Late December) rain will drip down the inside of the window from the top targa-window seal. There is apparently a small space (opening) where the window meets the window-targa seal that causes the leak. I ran across a tech article that spoke of an adjustment for the window regulator that would adjust the HEIGHT of the window so I could get a tighter fit on the window, so rain wouldn't have a chance to roll down the inside and get everything wet. I hope everyone understands what I am talking about...I tried talking to a guy that owns a 911 and he, while having the same problems, doesn't have a clue on how to solve it. Any Ideas or suggestions? The other problem has to do with the door closing....it seems that it acts funny when closing, like I have the handle pulled while I am closing the door...where should I spray the WD-40? Also acts the same way when I try to unlock the door...very annoying. Good day!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If I remember correctly, there is a stop bolt inside the door panel that can be adjusted to limit the upoper travel of the window glass. You have to remove the door panel and after you cycle the glass up and down you'll see what I mean. There is also an adjustment screw at the bottom of the vertical guide that lets you adjust the top of the glass in or out. Good luck.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Yup. Check the Haynes manual for a pic, or check here:

There is a bolt in that tab toward the upper-right of the mechanism. The bolt is not shown in the pic, but you can see the bolt hole. You turn it one way to keep the window from going up as far, you turn it the other to let it go up farther. I forget which direction is which.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-06-2005, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: