Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to bd1308
Wake Up Call

well, the one thing I never thought would ever happen happened-I had a wreck and nobody was there to confort me. This was the first wreck I have ever had--and to make matters worse (as if being shaken up and upset that the 914 is damaged from the fender to the back of the headlight plus front hood) is that nobody was there to help me....everyone said that if i were in a GOOD car I would have been fine. Even the girl I have been with for 2 years said the very same thing. Her mother even never liked the car either--and she had a RX-7! I dunno guys, nobody ever likes the oddball of the group and having an air-cooled car that pulls over once every trip to and fro Louisville seems to make the oddball of mine. It is getting repaired, but in the meantime I will be contemplating selling the car. I love it to death, but maybe it is time to get something more practical. The head is holding well, and ther is no more popping (for some odd reason). I will post pictures later. Have a good day all!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

http://reactornet.net/~britt/ pics for you all

it's my website....its a personal one i did entirely out of HTML, on my Linux server at my house. Click on the linke entitled "The Wreck". The movie clips are movies of my steam engine running for those who are intrested in knowing who I am behind the name I also have a nixie clock too!

Last edited by bd1308; 01-22-2005 at 12:15 PM..
Old 01-22-2005, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad to hear you weren't seriously injured. As for selling it, it's up to you but that's the same thing I said after I accidentally started a fuel line fire in my front trunk which singed off some of my hair....(long story). I couldn't bring myself to do it since I love the car too much. Of course, mine's a toy and not a daily driver so I guess it's a different story. Steve
Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by bd1308
http://reactornet.net/~britt/ pics for you all

it's my website....its a personal one i did entirely out of HTML, on my Linux server at my house. Click on the linke entitled "The Wreck". The movie clips are movies of my steam engine running for those who are intrested in knowing who I am behind the name I also have a nixie clock too!
Sorry to hear about the wreck, the car seems to have held up fairly well though.

As for the steam engine, I prefer the full-size versions myself: http://pics.zenmervolt.com/album04/David_and_his_Engine
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 01-22-2005, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

woah....mine was part of a college course i took last semester. That one is real cool. Honestly, I never thought my engine would run....but it did!
Old 01-22-2005, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

yeah...i can't bring myself to sell the car either. That darn thing just keeps on going and going, and everytime i sit in that thing it feels almost surreal.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I suggest you get the 914 fixed, and pick up a little Honda or Toyota to get you around as a daily driver and use the teener for weekend drives in nice weather. Just my opinion. That is what I do and its nice all the time here. Well, most of the time.

75 Slantnose V8
03 S-10 Extended cab stepside in Yellow
72 914 Parts car
Old 01-22-2005, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Man, that bites. Hate to see another 914 take a hit. Glad you are 'OK'.

What are your plans for the car now???
Old 01-23-2005, 01:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

just to get the thing fixed. Um, when i get out of college I am going to restore it as it should have been done before. The car is a nice daily driver...but i feel that when i get out of college I will get me another car. I need one for the snow anyway. BUT the car is definately not going to be trashed, it will get fixed and I am keeping it! So i'll be up and running soon.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Glad that you are planning to fix it. Though it may look bad, it is not too hard to straighten it.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

skyline, that WOULD be nice, but as a college student living on campus....i dont have any room for another car. Thanks for the suggestion though
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

yeah it was funny, becuase the only thing keeping me from screwing up the other car was the trailer hitch. The thing smashed into me just left of the center of the car. I;ve been thinking and I have come to the conculsion that I feel safer in the 914 than I ever did in my 94 Jeep Wrangler.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

please if you all have a 74 front fender or bumper or a hood sticking out of the ground by your place, or whatever, please pm me . Rigth now, a part car and some body work (pro done) seem to be the only alternative as of now....or maybe some headlight assemblies! spread the word!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I was nearly t-boned by a taxi in Frisco after "auto-crossing" Lombard St. (Fun sport, do it in the morning when there is no traffic) I snagged the license plate holder on the taxi with my rear quarter panel/back bumper,when he went through his red light.

I was pissed. The cops never came, no police report. The driver had the nerve to call me to settle for $1,000 in cash. I turned it into insurance and let them deal with it. We salvaged the quarter panel but I had to get a new bumper.

Hope it all works out well. It sucks being the odd ball. I hope my brothers buy the Audi's they want so they can lay off the "Volkswagen" jokes.

1974 914/4 2.0
2006 Hummer H3
2005 Dakota
Old 01-24-2005, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to funnyguy Send a message via AIM to funnyguy
Sorry to hear about the wreck Britt. Lane sent me a link to the pics. There is a company called Premier auto sales in Barbourville, KY that has fenders even whole cars for sale at reasonable prices. I'm wanting a fender from them but I've been lazy on buying it.

http://www.premier-autosales.com/

'76 914 2.0 rust machine
'03 TrailBlazer LTZ 4x4
Old 01-26-2005, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: