Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
"Is that a Lamborgini?" true story

HAd to relate this one to the board.

Driving to BK, notice a brand new Miata in front of me at the light. Kid driving is looking in the rearveiw at me, and turns around for a quick look. I'm thinking he must know me or something, in Miami it never occurs to me someone is actually "eyeing" my car. Light goes green. Next light this guy is stopped WAY back waiting for me to go along side, by now I've figured it out, some high school kid about to ask what year my FIAT is, but no.

"Hey, is that a LAmborgini???"

I give him a blank stare for a few seconds, he asks a second time, I guess he figures I din't hear him.

"No. It's a Porsche (Poor-sha)."
"Oh, really? what year is that?"
Light turns we wave, I yell it's a 75 914, he has no clue what I'm saying. I tun into BK. While I sit and eat my burger I wonder, what the hell are they teaching these kids in school today??? By the time I was is 1st grade we were given a choice of 2 state funded book covers. The General Lee Dodge charger with Luke and Bo for the boys, and CJ-7 with Daisy Duke for the girls.

I took the CJ-7, I guess I noticed girls a little sooner than the rest of the 1st graders

Old 08-17-2000, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 72_914
Here is somethig that happened to me the other day.-

I was working on something (isn't that always the case)in my condo parking lot, and had both trunks wide open. This young guy who lives down from me pulls up in his CRX with the now ever so present coffee can muffler. We were talking and looking at both cars when he looked at me real puzzled and asked "Were the heck is the motor?".
Old 08-17-2000, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

About a month ago I had a similar situation. My 72 has all of the 916 bodywork, but as many of you have seen, I went the 911 GT2 look on the flares (bolt on). I was on my way to the hardware store and was passed by a an older Testarossa then an early Viper. None of us really acknowledged the other. I pull off into the store parking lot. As I am putting the top on the car the Ferrari comes pulling up. He immidiately tells me I'm crazy to be driving the car on the street and starts to look my car over (doens't even say hi). Again tells me I'm nuts, says "beautiful car". And gets into the Ferrari (very nice car...). I then over hear him telling his girlfriend how they only built "100 or so 916's". This is after he looked at the 4 banger motor. Oh well, he had fun, I felt pretty good too. Better upgrade my insurance. What is AA asking - 375,000.00? That ought to be enough...
-Scott S
Old 08-18-2000, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 72_914
I guess he didn't notice you puting the top on. That would be pretty hard on a real 916.

Old 08-19-2000, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: