Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Restoration Design

Placed an order with restoration design a few days ago online.They say they'll get back with you on shipping charge before processing order,how long do they take for this since it's been a few days already.Help 914club I know your out there
Old 02-11-2005, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I beleive they are a one man show, so wait, they will get back to you.
CCLINPD
Old 02-11-2005, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It was months for me. I called, I sent faxes, I left messages; I ended up purchasing elsewhere (AA or Pelican) instead.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

they(he) can be slow, but it's worth the wait...excellent products and very helpful when you do get them on the phone....
Old 02-11-2005, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jim912928
I had better luck just calling on the phone and leaving a message on their answering machine. Once they took all the info I got my stuff within a week.
58 Triumph TR3A
07 Harley Night Rod Special, 08 buell 1125R, 08 Harley CVO Springer, 09 Harley Iron
Old 02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Cool thanks I'll give them a call
Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

He's slow but a heck of a good guy. I had him on the phone for 45 min on his dime.
discern the causes of things.'
Virgil (37 B.C.)
Old 02-11-2005, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryP
It was months for me. I called, I sent faxes, I left messages; I ended up purchasing elsewhere (AA or Pelican) instead.
Same for me. I have no use for the man.

People have complained her recently about Pelican not getting back to them in short order. How can anyone put up with RD's poor habits? My take is to order it through Pelican because their volume gets priority.

The only thng better would be to find the product on the shelf somewhere which, in at least one case, I did, ironically at Pelican.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I buy 4 or 5 of a part at a time so I don't have to wait. I think he has more dies than presses which can be a pain to change out all the time
Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
PMB Performance

Garage
Usually take's a couple of months and an act of Congress. Luckly I grew up in Eaton Rapids and my parents still live there. If I "really" need something now... I just have Pop's or a local friend pay him a visit.

Bill's marching to a different drummer.
www.pmbperformance.com
Old 02-18-2005, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

His parts are first-rate, though. When I bought from him directly about a year ago it didn't take any longer than normal to get the parts.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
PMB Performance

Garage
You be right...

(for the most part)

His longitudinals are top notch. We had a ***** of a time with an engine shelf though. I'd have to say, that's the "only" piece we've had a problem with. I've used:

Trunk Floors
Rear Pan 1/2's
Inner Wheelhousing
Longs.
Jacking Donuts
Door Sills
and the Engine Shelf.

Everything else was great (except for the service... come on Bill, just return these people's phone calls!)

To make matters worse... I think he might be getting the boot from the complex he's in. I think the city is developing it soon (can't remember all the details). It's a cool old mill complex along the river. I wanted to have a Brew Pub there...
www.pmbperformance.com
Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Restoration Design ?

Does anyone have recent information of /dealings with Bill Frey of Restoration Design? Add me to those above who have tried to order and not been able to make contact.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I started this thread and after a week Bill returned my call he was on a much needed vacation as was some of his guys .He's going thru all his messages as quick as he can .and yes I've just recieved my parts and they look great.Some times things take alittle time but all is good
Old 03-03-2005, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

My only experience with RD was about 18 months ago, and it was excellent! I placed the order online, and Bill called me that night and let me know the stuff was shipping the next day, which it must have because it showed up right on time.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric_Shea
You be right...

(for the most part)

We had a ***** of a time with an engine shelf though. I'd have to say, that's the "only" piece we've had a problem with.
Eric,

Funny that is the piece I am thinking about buying from them. What was the problem with it?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
PMB Performance

Garage
Maybe I'm spoiled. The others fit so well. It took a bit of working to get it into place. Just getting it to fit around the suspension console etc...
www.pmbperformance.com
Old 03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

No, that's good info. Thanks. Sorry to hijack the thread temporarily.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Quote:
Originally posted by spunone
I started this thread and after a week Bill returned my call he was on a much needed vacation as was some of his guys .He's going thru all his messages as quick as he can .and yes I've just recieved my parts and they look great.Some times things take alittle time but all is good
You're one of the lucky ones. From 2/11 to 3/3 is lightening fast for RD. He'll never see any of my money. And I plan on working on these cars for a long time. Someone must have the Mittlemotor parts here in the US. I'll just go with whomever Wayne is using, but if it's RD, I don't want to know.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: