Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Conical bushings for stock front swaybar.

I have looked on the online parts cat. and have had no luck finding new conical bushings for front sway bar off of a ' 73 2.OL Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Pete (Bar is believed to be stock.)
Old 03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Conical bushings? The stock ones are "mostly cylindrical"--there may be some taper to them, but not much that I recall. They may get squeezed some by the outer cover as well...

Where in the sway bar setup do these go? At the holes through the inner fenders?

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 03-01-2005, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yes Dave -Through the holes at the inner fenders. I called Pelican and sales was having trouble locating them and asked me to determine what diam. swaybar I have. As far as I know they are stock, which makes them what? Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Stock front sway bar is 15mm in diameter. Measure the round part, I believe. Most of the aftermarket bars have different arms (with some adjustment built in) attached to them than the stock parts.

Not the best pic, but you can see some of the detail of the stock arm here:

More:

--DD

Old 03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Dave, That is definately the setup I have. So, do you know if Pelican has them? Everything I saw listed for the front sway bar was for a Weltmeister. Thanks, Pete Carroll (pics were great)
Old 03-02-2005, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Pelican should be able to get you the stock parts.

--DD

Old 03-02-2005, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
look kinda conical to me

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/9144/POR_9144_suspen_pg6.htm#item36
Old 03-03-2005, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Acox914
stock is a 15mm
Old 03-03-2005, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hmm, I don't remember the bushings looking like that... Then again, it's been quite a while since I stook my front sway bar apart.

--DD

Old 03-03-2005, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Take apart one thats been together a long time and they dont look like that anymore.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mattr_914
I have a pair in front of me. I ordered rear sway bar bushings from pelican... twice... and both times got the wrong bushing (even after i explained what it looked like ). But the second time I got front sway bar bushings that look like the picture. The label reads:

903192 F.02.06.05
Sway bar bushing 16mm Front 91
5204G CX03080542

The pelican tag says its a Rear bushing, and is obviously mislabeled, but if someone can desipher that label above from the supplier to pelican that might be the ticket but in 15mm.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I ordered them through John at Pelican . He was very familiar with them. Thanks toall for the help. Note: I noticed that 15 is stamped in the metal at the end of the bar. Good to know. Pete
Old 03-03-2005, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: