Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Opinions please on how to sell 914 with ALL mods?

The only thing I haven't done to this car is mount a front sway bar and get a new paint job (which it needs to repair sail panel rust on drivers side - I already have a new panel too). Other than that EVERYTHING you would want to upgrade and replace has been done (at least 4K in parts alone + my labor). Everything works too. 75 1.8 with 74 SSI, bursch, 5-lug, bilsteins, 100lb, YOKS, 19mm M/C, steel brake lines, etc., etc. Any thoughts on how to set a fair price for this? I just bought a cheap 75' 2.0 that I'm planning to turn into a six and would like to get as much as possible for this one to help fund a 3.0 or 3.2 swap. However, I'm thinking that the 914 might sell quicker if I swapped everything out onto the other one (including the 5-lug conv). Or, should I advertise it at the low price, show it to folks, and explain the whole "a la cart" pricing program? I think a Porsche guy would appreciate and want to keep the mods so what's a fair price here? Thanks for your help. BTW, car goes on sale within a few weeks.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
To bad it has a 1.8.
How come you are not using this car for your swap?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Sadly, the mods are probably not going to add more than a small fraction of their cost to the overall value of the car. Generally, body condition is viewed as the most important thing with these cars, followed by mechanical condition (e.g., state of repair). Upgrades seem to be less important than either one of those.

I would agree with Steve--it might be better to use this one for your Six conversion.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 03-02-2005, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
Jeez, that yellow one in the background is a dead-ringer for my car. I'd better go to the garage and check if it's still there!
Old 03-03-2005, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I think I said the same thing at 914 club. That would be the car to use for a conversion.
CCL
Old 03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: