Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
another round please

value on 914

A friend has a 73or 74 914 for sale for $200.00. Frame is good, interior is great, has'nt been driven for 3-4 years. What do you guy think its worth. I know, its what Ill pay for it, but what do you guys think? Thanks for any reply
Old 03-29-2005, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Re-check it for rust. The "frame" is actually part of the body, the 914 is a unibody chassis. Check it again for rust. Oh, and after you're done with that, go over it and check it for rust!

You probably have about a 50-50 shot on the engine and brakes needing a complete overhaul or not. Odds on the transmission are probably significantly better. Suspension is probably OK or at least useable, but the tires are probably trash.

Add up the costs, and see if you like the total when you add in $200 for the initial purchase price.

Alternately, just buy the thing because the Fuchs wheels on it usually sell for $400-$500 for a complete set...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 03-29-2005, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
another round please

Well, my friend sold it to the first caller for $200.00. His wife wanted it out of the garage asap. I talked to him last month and he said he would call. Well he didnt. I gave him some kind of grief for that. Oh well, he got about 20 calls in this small Indiana town for a 200.00 car. The buyer is a friend, and he only deals in mo-town stuff, so Ill pop over tonight and check it out. Thanks for the reply
Old 03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: