Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Ornery Bastard

914-6 Values and insurance costs

I traded away my '76 2.0 as part of a deal for an '89 944 about a year ago (I don't regret the decision), and I'm getting the 914 bug again and realising that the 944 will be needing a garage partner. Thing is, I swore to myself that the next 'teener would be a /6. So sometime in the coming year or so I will be back in the market for another 2.0 litre 'teener, except this time with two more cylinders than the last one.

Just looking now for some more information on the sixes and more of the specifics on what to look out for when I'm investigating the cars.

I'm figuring on a 10,000 to 15,000 range for a good driver with a clean body. I'm not looking to drive it every day, but I'm also not looking for a car that's for show only. I'm looking for what I call a "malt shop" car, something for balmy evenings or sunny days. Something that is in very good shape, but not so pristine that I'm afraid to drive it.

Also, if anyone in the general area of WA and OR is looking at maybe selling a /6 in the next year or year and a half...

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 04-28-2005, 05:04 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
Well, you just missed by a couple of months a local original six that was really sweet!
Come to John Walkers Swap meet in a few months as there are lots of cars also for sale.
Also check the for sale ads in 914club.com

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 04-28-2005, 06:09 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleyseng
Well, you just missed by a couple of months a local original six that was really sweet!
Come to John Walkers Swap meet in a few months as there are lots of cars also for sale.
Also check the for sale ads in 914club.com
Sadly, wasn't in the market at that time. I'm just starting to move on a house so that I'll have a garage to house a car that can't live outside.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the dates on that swap meet when it rolls around, thanks much for that pointer.
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 04-28-2005, 06:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: