Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to bd1308
clutch cable adjustment

hi.

since i'm never here, might wanna catch you all up.

I have the amazing power of messing up anything i touch. and while I was doing my engine swap, I made everything around six times harder than it was supposed to be. Ended up taking over three weeks to get started. ANyway, I am doing the clutch cable, and when i'm driving, i notice that its way too loose.. IE doesnt disengage until almost ALL THE WAY depressed. I hear optimun is around 3/4 to the floor for the disengagement of the clutch. Anyway, I was re-doing it tonight, and when i first did the clutch, it was way too tight IE the clutch barely engaged when released.

Question is: is there any tip/trick/way of telling if I am good enuf on this adjustment, or is this just guess N check?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The standard I use is to make sure the 1-2, 2-1, and 1-r changes can be made without much resistance with the pedal all the way down against the stopper. Doing it that way (for my car) results in disengagement not very far from the top when I push the clutch pedal in.
btw- it ALWAYS takes me 3 tries to do any job right. I have learned to take as long as possible- check and recheck and re-recheck. If I do enough of that, I only have to do each job TWICE.

My gallery page
Old 07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: