Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fuch Wheels Question--Want a 75 parts car?

I bought a 914 parts car that has a set of Fuch wheels on it that I would like to put on my project 914. They are missing the center caps. I see there's quite a variety of caps being sold on ebay. Can someone give me some advice on which ones will fit. I hear the terms 3 prongs, rings, phone wheels? as they advertise them.

I'm going to pull the 2.0, trans, and wheels from the car and part the rest. Is anyone interested in a 75 914 (less the parts I spoke of), very little rust, normal 30 year dings, seats torn, cracked windshield, before I begin parting it for ebay?? I would like to recoup as much of my 1000 dollar investment...make me an offer.
914--74 1.8 Red Most Fun!...oops, had to put a 2.0 in it. New addition: 914--75 2.0 Copper; 76 White 2.0; 75 White 1.8
Old 07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
First, the name of the company that made the wheel is Fuchs. It's German for "fox". In English, Fuchs is generally used as both the singular and the plural for the wheels.

Second, almost all of the center caps you mention are only for 911 wheels. They will not work on 914 wheels without machining or some kind of "adaptor magic". AFAIK, the 914 center caps are the only ones that fit 914 wheels as-is. They look kind of like a little metal bowl with sharp corners (instead of round) and slanted sides.

New ones are a bit pricey, but they won't be all beat to heck by the "tire monkeys"...
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/9144/POR_9144_miscel_pg7.htm#item35

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
it's also a verb... as in "fuch you" or "fuch this"

j/k
Old 07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
Well you robbed all the good stuff off the car so there isn't much left to make money off of.
2.0L-$600-800
tranny-$200
Fuchs-$400
net $1400
so you are ahead already of your $1000 by $400.

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Geoff is right... g/l getting 1000 out of what's left... not much IS left

if you sold your other engine and wheels it would help.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I would consider buying "new" center caps for your Fuchs wheels.

The center caps (the bowl type) are very difficult to remove without denting and I have yet to see a used pair that are in decent shape. I think the reason that they dent is because that have a metal sleve that's about 1/2 inch long that fits into the wheel and it is a very, very tight fit. It seems that the only way to remove them is to pound them out.

I've seen aftermarket center caps that don't look bad. Also, you could also remove the wheel bearing covers and paint them so that the Fuchs don't look bad without any caps.

Vern
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: