Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to Tonyakavw Send a message via AIM to Tonyakavw
Just ordered some new tires Hankook R-S2 Z212

So I just ordered a set of Hankook R-S2 Z212 tires from Discount Tire. $64 each and free shipping. I was hoping to get some Azenis but the size I wanted (195/50) are not available yet. I'm running empi wheels which means that running 205s is cutting it pretty close. Besides, these were a bit cheaper....

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with these tires? All the threads I've looked at on other boards compare them to the Azenis and they seem to be pretty similar.

-Tony
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I heard these tires are the leading cause of death after braided brake lines.

Andrew
Old 07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Isn't this the tire company founded by Henry Ook?

Andrew
Old 07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The series number 212 that Hankook uses for this tire is an unstable number according to numberology charts. 212 equals a 5 vibration, unfortunately an unlucky number. I'm sure thats why they are so cheap.

The 215 and 605 series Falkens have much more positive characteristics. a 2 and 8 vibration on the numberology charts which are truly lucky numbers.

It always better to pay a little more for a lucky number on your tires.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Tonyakavw Send a message via AIM to Tonyakavw
I guess I had better get these tires blessed. I heard that the pope blessed a bunch of Ferraris a couple months ago. A set of tires should be pretty easy.

-Tony
Old 07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Were these tires made in Italy? How much will it cost you for shipping to and back from the Vatican? I think you are going to lose all your savings by then. You really should have done more pre-purchase research.

Andrew

Last edited by phantom914; 07-21-2005 at 03:00 PM..
Old 07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonyakavw
I guess I had better get these tires blessed. I heard that the pope blessed a bunch of Ferraris a couple months ago. A set of tires should be pretty easy.

-Tony
No only way to change your luck is to have a Buddhist monk burn an A at the end of the 212 series with blessed incense. This will change the vibrations to a better harmony thus giving you good luck on your travels.

..but seriously everything I have heard indicates these are great tires for the price. I think thats why Falken has put old RT215 stock back on the market. It will be intersting to see if they keep the 215 around to have a tire that competes with the Hankook on price.

Last edited by Grantsfo; 07-21-2005 at 06:02 PM..
Old 07-21-2005, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: