Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Grand Prix, the movie

How many of you had watched Grand Prix last night on TCM? Great movie!

I've been waiting for the DVD versionn of Grand Prix to be released for some time now. My web searches turned up only a "Making of Grand Prix" DVD being offered for sale. This morning, a friend and fellow 914 owner, Michael Moore from GA , sent me link to a web site where anyone can sign a petition requesting the owners of the film to release it in DVD format. Here's the link:

http://www.putgrandprixondvd.com/

I urge anyone who is a true race fan to go to this site and sign the petition. Who knows, it may actually work.

72 steel flared Jaguar Racing Green 2.2 liter "GT"
74 white parts car
74 yellow project car
Old 07-22-2005, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Thack
Get "LeMans" on DVD. Steve McQueen went out and bought two 917s specially for the movie.

Mike
Old 07-22-2005, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
LeMans DVD is great!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Is Grand Prix the one with James Garner? If so, yes I remember it to be a cool movie. A bit of gas and brake pedal footage if I recall and some wrecks that must have been pulled from real race films, because they sure didn't look faked. I will have to see that again. Pete
Old 07-24-2005, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Is Grand Prix the one with James Garner?
That is the one. Made in 1966. Garner did some of his own driving and actually caught the racing bug while filming.

72 steel flared Jaguar Racing Green 2.2 liter "GT"
74 white parts car
74 yellow project car
Old 07-25-2005, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Thack
I did see that the other night. Then I watched Elvis race stock cars and get chicks. Too funny.

Mike
Old 07-26-2005, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Don't know how many of you younger dudes know this but Jimmy "Maverick-Rockford" Garner actually raced a Lola protoype in the Sebring 12 hours one year..
Of course he couldn't keep up with Mr McQueen....

Thack....Don't be knockin Mr Presley now ..he's a genuine "car guy" ..albeit Tupelo style......
66 Red &White Ghia 2liter 914 engine ..restoring it from a californicated custom soon
90 Maroon and Silver Conversion Van ..the shag mobile..family car/camper
94 saturn wagon ..the wifes pos

Last edited by schosh; 07-27-2005 at 05:32 PM..
Old 07-27-2005, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: