Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Missing screws/bolts on calipers

I've begun disassembly of my brakeing system. I started by taking the master cylinder out and removing the calipers. I broke the drivers side hard line in the process. I found a replacement so I got lucky ( this time!!). I seem to be missing a couple of screws on the caliper bodies....

On the front calipers, I missing the screws that are on the inside (when caliper is mounted on the car) of the body. Are these for adjusting the pad clearence? Can I get replacements?

On the rears, I'm missing the screw that goes in the hole on the outward side of the caliper ( near the E-brake arm).
I can get one of the rear adjustoing screws to turn pretty easily. As I turn it, the piston goes in and out. The screw in the other caliper will bearly turn. I dont want to strip it so I'm scared to force it.

I've read the Haynes procedure and the Pelican artical but untill you've seen someone does this sort of thing, it's a little daunting. Anybody local want to hook up and give me a quick tour of how these come apart and go back togather? I'm in Los Angeles and I'm VERY hungry to learn about this stuff!
BTW, I've spotted two dead 914's near me. I've been stalking one of them, trying to see if I can contact the owner. The thing is the same color as my bus ( Orange! He gets lonely... I figure he could use a playmate, right?)

It looks to be in good condition. It's an earlier model because of the bumpers. (yea, I admit it... I'm getting hooked on these little cars!)
Old 09-15-2005, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Well, I'm too lazy o go look at my brakes just this seecond, but I do know the front s don't have any kind of clearance adjustment. I've had one other car with rear disc clearance adjustment ( a Saab 900) but never seen front adjusters. I don't have any idea why the rears have 'em- or the fronts don't....

My gallery page
Old 09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: