Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

SCCA Runoffs 2nd Place EP 914-6

I haven't been posting much lately due to preparation for the Runoffs. But wanted to let the Pelican 914 crew know that we did very well, 2nd place,,, yeah I know second place is the first loser, but I qualified 19th due to some rear grip problems that we solved about 2 hours before the race.

Trying a new rear alignent was risky, but we had to take a chance and it paid off. I was .4 sec faster in the race than in qualifying, with a full fuel tank, but well balanced. 914-6 2.0 IS competitive in SCCA EP as I always knew it was.

One of the best things that a happened was the 914 club sponsored a tent for the competitors. We had several 914's using it and have all the 914's there for a photo op. Marc Hotchkiss in Mr. Robert Kirby's 914 1.8 liter won the FP race on Sunday, so 914's had one helluva weekend at the SCCA Runoffs. Please tune in to watch Dec 11th at 1:00est on speedchannel. Not a whole lot of footage of my car in the beginning, but I assure you I'll be there in the end, And for you sadistic types, there is plenty of crashing and banging going on.

I have been told my 2nd place is the highest finish ever by a 914-6 at the Runoffs. Don't really know.

I have had people ask about buying a crew shirt like my Thorshammer Racing crew wore at the Runoffs. I thought it might be nice to have a package, a signed 8X10 glossy and the shirt. Would this interest anyone? I am thinking about 40.00 for the package. Maybe a thought maybe not. Your interest will let me know.

Erik Madsen Thorshammer Racing 914-6 EP Runoffs 2nd place
Old 09-28-2005, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

ok, i looked at this thread and the price is there. works for me. an addy is all that's needed. autograph should read something like " to a swell guy, although rather obtuse at times...". lmk. as stated in the other thread, XXL.

k
Old 09-28-2005, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Eric, We went to the Runoffs last weekend because we love SCCA racing but you and Marc made my weekend! Congratulations on a nice payoff for a season of hard work.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Erik,

congrats!
that is really something to be proud of.
awesome!

brant
Old 09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: