Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BIG oil press warn light

Our daughter has her first autocross in the 914 next weekend and I have been worrying about her not seeing the oil press light (green) if something were to happen to the engine. San Diego MotorSports and others sell one to replace the clock in 911's, but I haven't seen one for 914's. I found a Clearance Light made by Blazer, #C927R, at Pep Boys for $3.00 that is the exact size of the Temp guage in the console. I used piggy-back connectors and wired the light's + to the red/white and the - other side. Do NOT wire to ground as the light will stay on. It is BRIGHT and easily visible, even with the top off and I taped over the now unused connectors for the second temp guage. They appear to be wired in parallel with the dash temp guage.
Old 07-26-1998, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
An easier, cheaper method is to pull the combination gauge out of the dashboard, and swap the wires to the Brake Warning Light and the Oil Pressure Warning Light.

All of a sudden, your brake light is a small green light, while your oil light is BIG, RED, and relatively bright.

Of course, this doesn't work in cars that have an oil temp gauge as the upper part of their combo gauge.

--DD
Old 07-31-1998, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Our guage is the latter and I figured it would be better to keep the original combo guage in place.
Old 07-31-1998, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: