Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mystery Wires --identification requested

Can't find my manual, so no schematic. I have a ' 74. Under the dash is a group of wires that drops down and joins another group from the center tunnel. There is a plug on the end of them that has 4 males and 2 females. Wires going into plug are black(largest diameter), white, red, green, and blue. Another wire extends off of these wires that is green with a male "slide in" connector. Thanks for your help. Pete
Old 04-13-2006, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Im happy to help..
But take a pic.

Rich
Old 04-13-2006, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Rich: The only place I recall a blue wire under the dash is the alt light (it grounds the alt) wire, black and green would be the fuel gage and I have no idea what white would be.
Joe
Old 04-13-2006, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
A pic would help. For wiring diagrams, you can also check the "914 electrical diagrams" section of this very website... Bonus: They're in color!

Those sound kind of like aftermarket addidions to the wiring... Do the connectors look like the factory "box" connectors? Just where under the dash are the connectors? Do the wires have any "tracer" stripes on them?

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 04-14-2006, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: