Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

"Gotti" 2 pc 6x14 wheels - any info on them?

Hi all:
As some know I recently purchased a 1974 914 and these wheels came with the car. I'm going to 16" Fuchs for the Suby conversion so I want to sell these but I can find next to nothing on the web about Gotti wheels other than they are limited production from France (I believe). All I know is that they are the 4x130 bolt pattern standard to most VW's and 914's, are two piece racing-type wheels, were bought in the early to mid-80's and have "77 14" on the outside face (model number?). I don't know the current offset or weight. The PO said they were around $1K when new, that they were rare when he bought them and were commonly used in some Ferraris and racing/autox applications. They are in excellent condition.
Anyone have any info on these wheels that could give me some ideas as to the possible current value? Currently they have low mileage Falken ZE-502 195/60R14's mounted.
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by TomTurtle; 04-15-2006 at 11:22 AM..
Old 04-15-2006, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
No clue at all on the value or history, but I believe Gotti wheels are still around. You can Google them and possibly come up with a contact to ask questions of...

It's easy to measure the backspacing, which is in some ways a more useful number to us than offset is anyway. Put the tire face-down on the ground. Lay a straight-edge of some kind across the inner lip of the rim. Measure the distance from this straight edge to the mounting pad(s) that rest against the hub when the wheel is installed. That is the "backspace", and it should be between 4.5 and 5 inches for best fit on a 914. Much lower means the tires may rub on the outer fenders, any higher means you'll need a wheel spacer to use them.

You will probably have to lay your straightedge across the tires. That's not a problem, just subtract the distance from the edge to the lip of the rim from your other measurement to get the actual backspacing.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 04-15-2006, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions Dave! I do know they fit the 914 since the PO had them mounted for years.
Tom

Last edited by TomTurtle; 04-15-2006 at 10:34 AM..
Old 04-15-2006, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: