Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

electrical connection on air reg?

On a 1975 914 2.0 where does the auxilary air regulator electrical (red wire) hook up to?
Also I have a brown (tan) wire that is coming out of the same black covering the oil sending unit wire is out of , since it is broken off I am not sure were it goes, any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

the red wire goes to an accessory power of some sort, all it is for is to power the heater in the aux air reg, the black or brown can be grounded right on the engine, my red wire is connected to the coil, but it is supposed to be connect to the fuel pump relay i believe. as far as the wire comeing out of the oil sending unit, is it the stock sending unit?? does it work currently??
Old 04-22-2006, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Actually the brown wire is not the sending unit wire but comes out of the same part of the wiring loom as the sending unit wire.

Thanks for the info on the air reg wire, i thought it might go to the hot side of the coil.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

do you have a wire connected to the temp sensor right next to cylinder head 3 next to the spark plug?? i need to go out and look at my car... hahah
Old 04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

There is misinformation in the above postings.

The red AAR wire connects to a single white wire coming out of the ignition harness (connects to the relay board with the 12 pin connector), not the coil.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

AAR wire

Thanks Bowlsby,

I wonder if it is the tannish brown wire that is coming out of the loom beside the oil sensor wire?
Old 04-23-2006, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up

The tan /brownish wire was the white wire in you execellent drawings of 914 harnesses you gave me the link to.Thank you very much!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: