Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How do you adjust your shifter???

OK I was told to make my own thread.

The shifter needs to be pushed slightly to the right when going into 3rd. I need know where I would make this adjustment.

Again wevo shifter, into side shift. 1973 915 tranny. If anyone has a picture that would be great.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Turboman,

If you have a picture of what you've got in your car, we'd have a better chance of getting this correct. 915 sideshift is not a stock animal. You could have a 915 with a Vellios or Wevo custom tailhousing, or you might have a 901 sideshift with a custom shift rod setup. Both are possible with a 6 conversion like yours.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Put the shift lever to dead neutral, and the trani lever to dead neutral, have a friend hold it there with plyers or something.

and tighten the bolts.

simplest way I could explain it for all purposes..
Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Acox914
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric 914
Turboman,

If you have a picture of what you've got in your car, we'd have a better chance of getting this correct. 915 sideshift is not a stock animal. You could have a 915 with a Vellios or Wevo custom tailhousing, or you might have a 901 sideshift with a custom shift rod setup. Both are possible with a 6 conversion like yours.
pics would help

andrews way is a little more vague than sticking it in a KNOWN location. where neutral is a bit more amiguous...

loosen the shift rod to shifter pinch bolt.... then...
if you can manually put the tranny into 3rd and the shifter into third(915 - center and forward)

then tighten the bolts.... should get you realllll close.

but yeah... we need to see what you have... wevo, velios.... custom?....

AA
Old 05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yeah I will take pictures of the tranny tonight. The forward and back is good. Just would love it to slide right into 3rd and 4th. The wevo manual says to keep it in third when making adjustmenst. But then it doesn't explain to well after that(at least for me).

I'll take pictures tonight
Old 05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: