Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Exclamation farewell to my fellow 914 enthusiasts, my personal "good bye" thread

hello fellow 914 enthusiasts,
as many of you already know, that last 12 days have been very turbulent in the online 914 world.
this past week and a half has been very draining on me, both professionally as well as emotionally.
after some careful consideration, i have decided to leave the 914 online community for good.

frankly, i am at a point in my life where i have to focus on other things that are much more important to me than a online "hobby".
i am burnt out and ready to move on.

with that said, i have agreed with brad to split the old club content between the 914club site and a new site that is being created by the remainder of the old admin team as we speak, which will be online shortly ...
both sides will be free to do anything with the old database as they see fit.

i still plan to attend some of the events, like the Atomic Ramble and the RRC '07.
i will also continue to participate in the local PCA AX season of '07 and hopefully get some seat time at the tracks as well.
hope to see you out there!

merry x-mas to all of you,
Andy

PS: if you need to reach me, please email me through this board.
i will not check this thread, nor will i check my PM's on this board anymore ...

>> 1970, 914-6, #374 (Original) For sale!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

email sent, may see you at AR...
1988 300TE, 260hp RENNTech 3.6L
1990 300E, 185hp stock
Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

email sent, this is most unfortunate.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sor Ahndie,

Thanks for the fun ride. I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work in keeping your "hobby" going and all the enjoyment that I received from that. When I lost my job, your hobby WAS my happy place. That being said, my wife and car may now be happier seeing me more

Sorry for how this played out, a lot of people that I like and respect had a rough time of it and feelings were hurt, friendships damaged, and one person was left holding a bag of not so valuable items.

If I had a magic wand, I would put it all back together but great times are like Camelot, they do not last forever and you should enjoy them when they exist. Good luck in what ever you do, make wise choices, take care of your heath, and above all, enjoy yourself.

Remember, in your life some doors will close and new doors will open.

Hope to meet you someday.

Thanks again for all you have given us and take care,

Ken
Old 12-23-2006, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: