Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
Need advice: Service Shop Recommendation in Phoenix, AZ

I used to do nearly all service on my car myself, but with all the other responsibilities I have, I've found I need to have a shop do much of the work these days. I have been taking my car to Stuttgart Southwest, but the shop's future is in flux, and I've had some recent quality-of-work issues. I'm looking for a new shop. I am looking for a shop that does things RIGHT - I don't care if it's not cheap. I also want a shop that is able to do work on a schedule, within reasonable limits. I also want a place where I can talk with people who are working on my car without having them make me feel like an idiot for asking questions.

I've had two shops recommended to me by mechanics at my BMW shop that also own Porsches - Beck's Independent Porsche (on Cave Creek Road) and Patrick Motorsport (on Madison St.). I'm leaning towards Beck's, even though it is much more difficult for me to get my car there from my house. I've heard that Patrick Motorsports is very good, but dealing with Patrick can be difficult.

I'd like to hear from anyone here who has had work done by these shops as to their satisfaction with the work, the scheduling, and interacting with the staff. I'd also like to hear any other recommendations that people were satisfied with.

In return for helping me, I've got a great restaurant recommendation for anyone living or visiting Phoenix - The Barrio Cafe

http://www.barriocafe.com/

The neighborhood is dodgy, but the food is worth it. Incredible selection of tequilas, awesome margaritas, killer-looking Sangria (w/1" of Jack Daniels in the bottom), incredible food. I had chicken enchiladas de mole (two mole selections, red or black), my wife had lobster quesidillas. They prepare the guacamole table-side, chopped with a spoon, topped with pommegranete seeds. Entrees in the $15-17 range, no reservations, closed Mondays. I liked it even better than Los Dos Molinos.

thanks....

Last edited by pbanders; 01-12-2007 at 08:05 AM..
Old 01-12-2007, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I would use either of them. I race with both Frank and Jim and their work seems equal to me. Try the one that is most convenient and then the other to see how it works.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: