Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Leaky Fuel Injector?

I just replaced the rubber fuel injector seals on the two passenger side fuel injectors on my '73 2.0. Also changed the fuel hoses and made sure to use correct fuel injector clamps.

Problem is that I've still got a fuel leak coming from one of the injectors. Is it possible to have a leak from the injector body itself? Looks like the leak is coming out near the tip of the injector under the metal securement plate. I would think it was a bad fuel injector seal, if I hadn't already replaced them with new ones. I'm stumped.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
A bad injector seal usually lets air into the intake, not fuel out into the engine bay.

Injectors can and do leak between the plastic and metal parts of the injector body. Generally, that means it's time for a new injector. Some places may be able to replace the plastic injector tip--usually as part of a cleaning service--but I don't think that is guaranteed to stop the leak.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-19-2007, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Dave. Ok. I'll try swapping out the injector and see if that resolves the problem.

Steve
Old 01-19-2007, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: