Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Solex carbs

I am converting my 1975 914 1.8 to twin carbs after an engine fire destroyed my fuel injection. I Picked up two Solex carbs super cheap and need some info from someone that is familiar with Solex. I have a 32/34 pdsit-2 and a 32/34 pdsit-3. Do these carbs belong together as a pair? I am beginning to wonder as all of the linkage kits I find for these carbs pull the butterfly linkage to the left on both carbs. With my carbs, both butterfly's have to pull towards the center of the engine. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I've done a few. Jake makes a good center pull linkage for sale at his online store.
I have changed the throttle pivots to work with the CB Hex bar linkage. The linkage is important because if you cheap out on it, it will haunt you until you sell the car.
You'll need to change the fuel pump and again there I go to CB for there rotary with internal regulator.
I like the Solex. you can expect to get over 30 mpg and much higher on the freeway if you take your foot out of it. You can also expect a power loss on the top end if the engine has a stock cam in it. We have a car that got 49.16 MPG with a stock cam in it.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: