Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Windshield wiper problems

Help! I am finishing up the reconditioning of a 1974 2.0 914. I have just installed a new turn indicator switch, and have run into several windshield wiper questions and problems. After installing the new turn switch, and the old wiper switch, the wiper motor is constantly running on imtermitent wiper. Even with the switch disconnected, the motor still clicks every five seconds. Any ideas why? It sounds like a relay, but the haynes manual shows no relay. Is there one? Should the car have the intermitent wiper feature? I find that the steering column does not allow the switch to go below the off position, even though the switch will, if it is out of the column. As always, thanks in advance for the collective wisdom and help. This one has me stumped.
Old 09-27-1998, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: