Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
Buy Nov. Excellence

This months "Excellence" has a few articles on the 914. A market update, that I personally find interesting,but because of the type of car (and owners) the 914 is, I don't find it that accurate. It also has a "Tech Forum" on the 914 Fuel Injection, however here again I fell they dropped the ball on clarity for the novice (not that I'm an expert) I think the Kjnell article on Tim's 914 fan page is better. They talk about L-Jetronic problems as if they affect D-Jet's.
Old 09-28-1998, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How can I subscribe to or buy the Excellence magazine?

Thanks.
Old 09-28-1998, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
Kind of amazing they don't have a website. Look up the publisher maybe they have one, Ross Periodicals, INC.
I buy it at Borders or Barnes and Noble.
The subscripton service correspondece address is:

Excellence, Circulation Dept.
P.O. Box 1529
Ross, CA. 94947

It says $20 for one year (domestic I guess) eight issues (Feb,Apr,May,June,Aug,Oct,Nov,Dec)

For the most part (6-7 months of the year) they don't say squat about 914's, but every once in awhile they have a good issue about them, along with readers letters time to time. It is 911 oriented magazine (as most Porsche mags are) so if you subscribe don't blame me if they don't keep you happy with 914 stuff. That said it is stilll a good rag.

A couple of other good mags:
Grassroots Motorsports: 914's once in awhile but lots of race driving and car set-up info.

European Car: Was called "VW-Porsche" some years ago. Had a 12 part story on rebuilding a 914 that was never finished (wrote the editor with no reply) besides that one story not much 914 or Porsche stuff but still a good read.
Old 09-28-1998, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-01-1998, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: